Elias Zepeda oversees partnerships and marketing for Network After Work. He talks about the do’s and dont’s for online marketers on how to network and build your business online and offline.
- [4:00] The do’s and don’ts for networking.
- [7:30] How do you break the ice at a networking event.
- [9:50] Benefits of networking events.
- [11:30] How to network at public places.
- [14:00] How to differentiate yourself at the event.
“Networking events are not about sales there about rapport, networking, generate leads and support.”
“Demonstrate your expertise by giving free advice.”
Sean Ellis is the co-author of Hacking Growth. He uncovers the secrets he learned at EventBrite, Dropbox and LogMeIn to help scale these companies from startup to multi billion dollar businesses. Most importantly he simplifies the process for any business regardless of how big or small they are.
- [2:30] Where do you start in your business to achieve growth?
- [6:00] After you have a product and it has value how do you scale?
- [7:50] Hacks for client consumption.
- [16:00] Tips for growing your team.
“If the value is not there the product will not sell.”
“It’s going to be really hard to grow if you don’t have a team that can handle it.”
Caleb Maddix is the 15 year old CEO of Maddix Bookclub. He reveals his secrets to getting kids AND their parents on a webinar and staying engaged the entire time. He also discusses the 3 tips he shares with parents to get their kids more engaged in learning and giving back.
- [1:50] How Caleb started to make money at age 7.
- [6:00] How Caleb adjusts his funnels to fit his age market.
- [11:50] Caleb walks through his funnel.
- [16:30] The impact Caleb wants to make.
- [20:00] Advice to parents.
“The 3 tips to parents. Start getting your kids to learn. Get your kids to earn. Start teaching your kids the power of giving.”
Jason, Amanda and Dave discuss the benefits of going “All IN” and how your business can grow from it. How to migrate from Infusionsoft, Active Capaign and other Auto Responders to marketing automation tools that communicate in with your clients the way they want to hear from you.
- [3:30] What does it mean to go “All In”
- [6:30] How FunnelKitchen helps people who are “All In” take advantage of it.
- [9:30] Why you need to make your funnels as simple as possible.
- [14:00] How FunnelKitchen can help someone who has just gone “All In”
- [17:00] Why you need to provide content to your users.
“You need to make your funnel so simple that a 2-year-old could go through it.”
David Vogelpohl, WP Engine’s VP of Web Strategy discusses the controversy surrounding what converts better on a site – words or pictures. He also reveals what you need to look for in a WordPress hosting platform and what to avoid. David also addresses the outsourcing versus original content battle and when to do both.
- [3:00] How speed affects word press.
- [4:00] Importance of the copy over pictures.
- [9:00] The tools from Word Press.
- [16:00] What matters most in producing your content.
“The offer is the most important part. Not the pictures.”