Follow Up With Your Customer In Your Sales Funnel
Most of the time, no matter how fantastic the product or service offered or how seamless a funnel is, we’ll find that visitors drop out of the funnel before even completing the goal.
Now, there isn’t just one cause to this. A visitor may drop out due to technical error, loss of connection, accidental exit, or the visitor decided to just drop out. Be that as it may, one thing is for sure. You can still save that lead and transform it into a sale.
In this article we’ll discuss five effective ways to reach out to your customers and follow up on their last visit to your funnel.
Ever wondered how you suddenly get served ads of products or websites you visited recently? You might have noticed at some point when you open your Facebook or when you browse or check your email and you see an ad of something you visited recently.
Most people already know the mechanics to this marketing tactic. But if you’re new to this and you’d like to learn more about it, we’ll introduce you to the wonderful marketing strategy called Retargeting.
Retargeting happens by serving ads to bounced traffic based on their online behaviour. This is done through retargeting pixels which trigger retargeting when a visitor visits a certain website, web page, or a product, but do not convert into a sale.
You can set your retargeting pixels into ClickFunnels with ease! All you have to do is to Login to your ClickFunnels account > Choose the funnel you want to add the pixels to > Choose the specific funnel step you want to add pixels to > Settings > Tracking Code > Paste your retargeting pixel.
If you want to know more about retargeting on Facebook, you can try out these tips! Note that the pixel could be from Facebook or Google or any other media that supports retargeting.
Cart Abandoment Email Follow Ups
First, let’s briefly discuss what cart abandonment actually is. In a nutshell, it’s just like filling an actual shopping cart with goods and leaving it without checking out. That’s exactly what a cart abandonment is, but the difference is it is done online.
Most marketers create email sequences targeting bounced traffic from cart abandonment. To create such emails, one has to understand the rationale behind cart abandonment first. The reasons could be because:
- They changed their minds.
- They found a cheaper alternative.
- They weren’t serious about buying in the first place.
- The process asked for too much information.
- The website crashed before they could check out.
- The site timed out because they took too long to enter their information.
To offset this and in order to save the sale, most marketers tend to get creative in their marketing strategies. They often employ tactics such as scarcity, exclusivity and urgency. Most of the time, they include special limited bonuses or discounts in their offers.
SMS Text Follow Up
SMS Text Follow Ups follow the same principles as that of email follow ups only that its medium to send marketing messages is in the form of SMS. Now, with the rise of mobile use, it is a great marketing tactic to follow up on customers since the customers will be able to see the message instantly. But with its pros also come the cons. Most marketing done through SMS tend to be ignored or treated as spam, nowadays, and tend to opt-out instantly.
Bear in mind these simple tips to make sure that your SMS Follow-Ups don’t end up putting off your customers:
- Make sure that there is clarity in your message. You have to clearly communicate what your message is all about.
- Be courteous. Make sure you get your customers permission first before you send your marketing SMS.
- Provide them the option to opt-out. This will give them the assurance that they have a choice to stay or leave your SMS sending list.
- Mind the hours and frequency. Be sure to send your marketing SMS during business hours and mind the frequency. Too many SMS sent during a period of time will most likely be looked at as spam.
- Provide value. Make sure the messages you send have value to your customers. This can be in the form of discounts, deals and promos.
ClickFunnels lets you communicate to your email list with ease through its integration with Twilio. Twilio is a cloud-based communications platform to make and receive calls and text messages.
With this strategy, you can send your visitors with physical products and your marketing messages in the forms of flyers or brochures. There are many providers which offer such services like ZenDirect. Zendirect is a service that lets you create personalised messages, have them printed and get them sent to your customers. This service also lets you send your marketing letters with physical products as gifts.
It’s a great way to get noticed since physical mail is not as extensively used as compared to the past. And with the added incentive of a physical product as a gift, they are bound to notice you and check out your website or products again.
Now, this strategy is only effective if the visitor signs up on your email list at some point in the funnel even if that visitor hasn’t completed the journey through the funnel.
As with other marketing messages sent through various mediums, voicemail is no exception when it comes to common courtesy rules and best practices. But because it’s a voicemail, a one-way communication medium, and something that can’t be re-read again for details, here are some things to keep in mind when preparing your voicemail follow-ups:
- Prepare your script. Make sure that there is a prepared script which is written with consistency. The ideal length of a voicemail script is about 2 paragraphs long.
- Clarity. State the purpose of your call clearly and avoid discussing unrelated points.
- Emphasise and repeat key elements. As with clarity, it is also important to put emphasis on the key points and the purpose of your call.
- Ask for a call-back. By asking permission for them to call you back, you are basically giving them the choice to follow-through on a one-on-one correspondence to discuss your business. It also gives the impression that you are serious about pushing through with the transaction.
ClickFunnels can be integrated with voicemail service providers such as SlyBroadcast.
What other strategies do you have to follow up with your customers in your sales funnel?
Comment below and share with us!